Advanced Performance Course
The Advanced Performance Course
is intended exclusively as an advanced progression course for students who have successfully completed our Foundation Course in Acting
and want to develop their acting skills to a high level. Every year most of the students on the Foundation Course in Acting
progress on to this course.
In the Autumn term, the classes in Body and Movement and in Voice and Speech continue, and the Acting classes apply the principles that you have learned in order to bring a script to life in performance.
In the Spring and Summer terms, work is geared to two full-length productions, one in March and one in July. These two productions are given full technical resources and feature in the season of plays at The Questors Theatre. The March production takes place in our Studio theatre and the July production in our Playhouse.
Recent productions have been:
- Albert Make Us Laugh by Jimmie Chinn (2018)
- The Maids by Jean Genet (2018)
- Blood Sports by Richard Gallagher (2018)
- Trelawny of the 'Wells' by Arthur Wing Pinero (2017)
- Love's Labour's Lost by William Shakespeare (2017)
- Stags and Hens by Willy Russell (2016)
- Dead White Males by David Williamson (2016)
- The Young Idea by Noel Coward (2015)
- Fear and Misery of the Third Reich by Bertolt Brecht (2015)
- Blue Stockings by Jessica Swale (2014)
- The Balcony by Jean Genet (2014)
- On the Razzle by Tom Stoppard (2013)
- Trojan Barbie by Christine Evans (2013)
Some students go on to pursue a professional career as an actor, while many join our acting company at The Questors and continue to perform here regularly.
Recent students on the course have successfully gained places at drama schools, and have appeared professionally at the National Theatre, in the West End and on TV.
Classes are held at The Questors Theatre in one of our large rehearsal rooms.Acting class
Saturdays 3.15 - 6.30pm & Wednesdays 7.30 - 10.00pmBody & Movement class
Tuesdays 8.45 - 10.05pmVoice & Speech class
Tuesdays 7.15 - 8.35pm
There are also many additional rehearsals for the two major productions.
Membership of The Questors
As a Questors student you enjoy all the facilities and benefits of membership of The Questors, including free tickets to all productions by The Questors during the year (except the Christmas show).
As a student on the Advanced Performance Course
you are eligible to join Equity as a student member.
Autumn: 22 September to 15 December 2018
Spring: 5 January to 13 April 2019
Summer: 27 April to 20 July 2019
£360 per term, payable by direct debit in three instalments of £120; or £345 per term if paid in advance.
Find out about scholarships and bursaries
Only applicants who have successfully completed our Foundation Course in Acting
will be considered.